Friday, December 11, 2009

Edamame Salad


So this bag of frozen edamame has been forlornly kicking around my freezer for a while-a long while. It was taking up space. When I bought it I'm pretty sure I was thinking of after work snacks or something to snack on while typing or some other snack option. This never came to fruition. It's a big bag and honestly I'm not too into sticking the whole fuzzy pod in my mouth. But I was needing something green-I needed veggies and a pseudo healthy filling one at that. So I started adding veggies I had around to make a "salad." There's no lettuce here-I'm not morally opposed to lettuce, it's just hard to eat, hard to keep fresh and serves no real purpose other than basic ruffage. I have come to the conclusion that I just like to eat the salad toppings-so I've started making all my salads this way-no lettuce. I started with a vinegarette type dressing, but that wasn't really cutting it for me, so I made it creamier by adding sour cream and mayo-although the only photo I managed to take was at the vinegar dressed stage. Which is ok with me-the creamy one was tastier, but uglier too!


Edamame Salad
1 bag frozen (Trader Joes) Edamame Pods
8 oz canned or cooked frozen corn
1/2c red pepper diced
1/4c sliced button mushrooms

Dressing:
2t soy sauce   1T honey
2T apple cider vinegar
1t pepper
3T sour cream
1T mayonnaise

 Heat and remove edamame from pods. Combine dressing   ingredients in bowl. Add veggies and stir. Mmm no cook tastiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment