Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blog Burned

Ok, so the can jam burned me....my feburary entry was not accepted, March's topic was alliums, I could have created something, but nothing would have been in season and I would also have a bunch of stuff we likely would not eat, and April? April is herbs-I mean really? So I have decided that this is not for me and have dropped out. It made me so mad however that I just quit blogging all together for a while.

So I'm gonna try to get back on the horse. Also gonna try to unclutter my life and put more time into interesting things instead of well, wherever it's going now....Lastly, I'm following along with my mother and sister's new diet plan. Definitely not as strictly as they are; I just don't have the willpower or support they do. Also, I don't belong to a gym, don't really want to and am working on some avenues for excercise that are actually meaningful instead of stairing at a wall while running on a treadmill.

In happier news Aaron and I turned over half the garden last weekend (getting sunburns in the process) and planted some "cold" weather crops-although nothing about the weather we're currently having is even remotely cold. I think I will get some more compost to line the rows of new plantings and we'll have to turn over the other half, but all in all the garden is in good shape.

The seedlings I planted the 3rd week of Feburary are HUGE!! Like 18in tall already. I began hardening them off last week in preparation for planting next week. They spend the day outside, but on the covered porch and come in at night. I think this weekend they may start spending the days out "in the yard", and maybe by the middle of next week they will be ok to go out all night.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel--I have definitely been there. Although I would encourage you to follow the can jam posts even if you don't participate--it might give you some fun ideas down the road. The allium one was frustrating to me, too. :P

    ReplyDelete