Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stuffed Chicken with Veggies

As so many people are in the new year I'm on a quest to eat more healthfully. This is hindered by my frequent desire for sweets, but I'm hoping to temper it with vegetables and portion control. I think I may have finally learned that being drastic doesn't work for me...and that maybe gradually changing things over to fewer sweets, more veggies and adding exercise that has a point (ie: hot yoga, rock climbing, fencing, cycling, gardening) might help me improve my health. So, this meal is a transition-it still contains some bad for you stuff but its also full of tasty veggies to fill you up.


Stuffed Chicken and Sauteed Veggies

2 chicken cutlets
2T olive tapenade
2 slices provolone cheese
1/2 c fresh baby spinach
1/4c shredded parmasean

Lay out cutlets, spread 1T tapenade on each, top with one slice of cheese and 1/4 spinach. Roll and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle tops with parmasean. Bake at 350 for 25-30min or until chicken is cooked through.


1t olive oil
1 head of broccoli cut into florets
1/2 c sliced red bell pepper
2 artichoke hearts diced
1/4 small onion diced
1t cumin
1t coriander
1T tamari

Sautee veggies in olive oil to your desired doneness (I left mine a litte crunchy in the broccoli department). Add seasonings. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment